Thursday 27 February 2014

Envelope Punch Board Mini Series #1

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (16)

During February – my classes have focused on the Envelope Punch Board tool. Not only is it useful for making envelopes  - and box envelopes - as you would expect… but it is incredibly versatile and can also be used for cards, boxes, bows, crackers, bags , mini albums, file folders etc  etc etc.

Visit my Pinterest Envelope Punch Board board here to see many ideas and tutorials using this fabulous tool….

It really is an awesome bit of kit for just £17.95…

So my posts for the next few days will feature projects we made to demonstrate the versatility of the tool – whilst ensuring that everyone went home with their Envelope Punch Board and the knowledge on how to use it!

The first project is a simple box envelope for sending a card with dimension… well until I decided to add a bow made using the Envelope Punch Board too!!! So this one will have to be hand delivered after all…

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (17)

I used this tutorial by  Chris Slogar for the box envelope tutorial. Thank you Chris! Now as I know I have a few readers that will find the measurements useful for this particular card…. the dimensions of this card are 3” x 4” x 3/4” deep – so my paper size is 7” Square. The first score is at 2 5/8” and the second is at 3 5/8”.

I used this tutorial by Nadine Hoessrich for the bow. I did add a few shortcuts by leaving the paper pieces folded in half… which just meant that I cut through 2 ends etc at a time….

And the card itself….. this one is thanks to my uber-talented SU! mummy Julie Kettlewell. Think it is one of my favourite team training projects ever Julie!! So  - here are more details of the original from Julie - I just added an extra greeting and a few flowers so here are a few more photos of mine….. a truly stunning concertina card using the absolutely wonderful Scallop Tag Topper Punch…. ( my favourite product!!!) and the Banner Punch which is my favourite SAB freebie item….. I have already made a few more of these concertina cards but those will be for another day…..

2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (14)2014_02_Envelope Punch Board Project by Amanda Bates @ The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire, UK  (12)

And here are more details on the Envelope Punch Board from the Stampin’ Up! web site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JzokPixtpko
133774 Envelope Punch Board £17.95      Check out the video here
It creates totally customisable envelopes in up to 66 different sizes (not to mention a million different colour and pattern options depending on the paper you want to use). Even tried and true envelope sizes will only take you moments to cr

eate! 
  • It’s super easy to use; it will go over as a huge wow when you demonstrate it at your events and your customers see it in action. It looks intimidating at first glance, but when they see that all you have to do is measure for the first punch and from there you just turn and score they’ll go crazy (in a good way). 
  • It’s small and lightweight; this makes it easy for you to take it to your events and show it. It’s also a great selling point when you show your customers how it’s super portable and easy to store. It’s small and light enough that they could use it while watching a football match, at a park, at a friend’s for craft night—anywhere. 
  • It even has a clever scoring tool as well as a punch that lets you create rounded corners on your envelopes. 
  • It’s easy to keep it all together; the stylus storage compartment and two punches are designed into the tool so you don’t have a bunch of little pieces to keep track of (even the instructions are printed right on the tool so you won’t lose them!).
  • The price is terrific--especially for a tool that does so much!
  • It will be in next year’s annual catalogue, so it’s here to stay.

    SU! Supplies used

    Stamps – Label Love; Petite Petals; Morning Post Alphabet; Yippee Skippee; SAB See Ya Later

    Punches – Scallop Tag Topper; SAB Banner; Circle Punch 1 ¾”; Artisan Label; Petite Petals

    Dies – Circle Framelits 1 7/8” Circle

    Papers- SAB Sweet Sorbet

    Cardstock – Pool Party; Crisp Canteloupe

    Inks – Crisp Canteloupe; Summer Starfruit; Pool Party; Staz On Black

  • 2 comments:

    Anne said...

    Lovely makes again Amanda ! I want to be you :-) I'm ashamed to say that I bought the envelope punch board but not used it yet. I might be using your ideas from this post for my next class. Well one after next. I have one on Saturday but that's all prepared now of course. Features the Scalloped Tag Punch. Hoping there will be a next one. There is some doubt over the future of the Community Association where I hold my class. Typical now that I've got it established and had four orders from last class that I might lose the venue. Am lookout for alternate venue. Anne x

    Nicsann said...

    Stunning as always Amanda x